1. The Organisers of the WIRE Awards are the City of Wolverhampton Council and Wolverhampton BID.
2. The WIRE Awards 2017 are free to enter and are open exclusively for independent retailers in the WV (Wolverhampton) postcode area.
3. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
4. Applicants must be authorised to enter their business or staff member into the WIRE Awards.
5. For the purposes of the WIRE Awards an independent retailer is defined as:
- Someone who is responsible for his or her own business
- A small to medium public facing business, where the public can walk in and buy goods or services face to face
- Not a national chain
- An independent retailer can include, for example, shops, cafés, bars, restaurants, hairdressers and other independent enterprises
6. Anybody professionally connected with the competition is not eligible for entry.
7. The closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 30th April 2017.
8. Entry into more than one category is allowed.
9. All entries must be submitted in English, submitted through the online entry form, completed in full and accompanied by any other supporting material.
10. All entries that meet all of the terms and conditions will be acknowledged on receipt.
11. Please ensure the business name / individual staff member’s name is stated on your entry form as you would like to see it appear on an engraved award should you become a winner.
12. WIRE Award entries will be judged by a panel selected by the Organisers and by public vote for the Our Favourite Retailer of the Year Award.
13. Incomplete entries will not be judged.
14. The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw an award from any applicant supplying false information within their entry. The Organisers reserve the right to audit any information supplied.
15. The judges may decline to make any award in any category if in their opinion there are insufficient entries of a winning standard.
16. The judges will select finalists from each category against the criteria set out on the website. Finalists will be notified in writing. A full list of finalists will also be announced on the website and in the local press by the end of May 2017.
17. There will be one award winner selected from the finalists in each category. Winners will be announced at the awards event on Tuesday 18th July 2017.
18. The award finalists will each receive a certificate with overall winners each receiving a trophy.
19. Details of the winners will be published online at www.wireawards.co.uk and in the Express & Star.
20. By entering this competition you agree to:
- Allow us to use the information and material you supply to promote WIRE and to showcase the City of Wolverhampton.
- Allow us to share your information and contact details with other people, businesses or bodies who we feel would be of benefit to you.
- Agree to pre and post competition publicity
21. Winners will be required to take part in post-event publicity and consent to their name and photograph being used for such purposes.
22. Winners may publicise their award provided that the year in which it was won is stated. The Organisers licence any winner to use the WIRE logo to do this.
23. The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
24. To be a winner of the public vote you need to agree to these terms and conditions.
25. By entering the WIRE Awards, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and to be bound by them. The terms and conditions include any instructions set out with the Entry Form.